The winner of Sweetapolita’s Best-Loved Bakers’ Gifts Giveaway is . . .
#318 Elizabeth @ The Collegiate Baker: “My favorite baking tool is definitely my grandmother’s kitchen aid mixer. My mom mentioned that it was stored in the basement one day after I’d been blogging for about six months and I couldn’t believe she hadn’t told me about it before! I don’t know what I would do without it, though. :)”
Congratulations, Elizabeth! You will also be notified by email.
I’ll be back later today with another recipe!
. . .
7. yum yum ice cream serving party pack 8. marshmallow madness cookbook 9. turquoise escali baking scale 10. pure vanilla cookbook 11. lite bites candle forks 12. ms. food face plate 13. fete origin iPhone case
Hello, my friends! Today’s a special day here on this little old blog. We’re talking fabulous gifts for bakers (and lovers of pretty things) and to make matters more exciting, one super-lucky reader will receive ALL of these goodies! Not one, or two, but all. Kind of awesome, right?
See, the thing is I love stuff. I love looking at pretty things, I love buying pretty things and I most definitely love giving pretty things–throughout the year and beyond. With the holidays just around the corner, it has me thinking even more gift-giving thoughts, so I figured I’d compile a bunch of my favourites–things that I currently own and adore.
1. IceMilk Aprons: Aprons are always a hit with bakers, and I positively adore these. I own the monogrammed Frosty Tin Marshmallows style and have gifted several other styles to family. Embracing style, quality and tradition all with an heirloom theme, each apron is packaged in a preserves jar and comes with an apron story card, 3 blank recipe cards and signature heritage tag. These aprons are a truly special gift.
2. I Do Dishtowel: Lovely kitchen linens are always appreciated, but one adorned with confectionery dots and wedding cake? Yes, please.
3. Pom Pom Flower Treat Boxes: Don’t feel that you always have to gift treat boxes filled with treats (although that never disappoints)–pretty treat packaging itself is such a great way to inspire bakers, and is something some of us have a hard time buying ourselves. Besides, you never know–you just might see that treat-filled box back under the tree with your name on it.
4. Pink Stripe Cupcake Box: Again, I love getting and giving pretty packaging for gifts, inspiring the recipient to bake and create. Boxes like this make home bakers feel as though they’re running the sweetest shoppe in town.
5. Cupcake Measuring Spoons: I probably don’t need to explain why these made the list, but I have these and they make every measure that much sweeter. You can find these and at one of my favourite online shops, I’m With Cupcake. With everything from much-loved stripey paper party straws and balloons to milk bottles and pretty packaging, this shop just shouts happy. Sweetapolita readers receive 20% discount off $10+ orders when you enter the promo code “SWEETAPOLITA.”
6. Whisk Pendant/Charm: Where do I even begin? When my talented friend Sweet Paul discovered and shared these from Frances & Co Pendants awhile back, I bought one right away and haven’t taken it off since. The talented artisan, Frances, creates this irresistible whisk in both sterling silver and 18k gold-dipped options strung on an 18-inch box chain, and it simply makes the perfect baker’s gift. I cherish mine and have had everyone from postmen to passersby notice & compliment it.
♥ ♥ ♥
7. Yum Yum Ice Cream Serving Party Pack: If this adorable polka-dotted and striped ice cream serving ensemble from Sucre Shop doesn’t make your giftee twinkle, I’ll give up cake for a year. What better incentive to throw an ice cream party (and invite you) than the sweetest eco-friendly serving supplies all ready to go? Brooke Pratt, the celebrated artisan behind this array of stylish wooden utensils, creates the cutest party designs on everything from ice cream scoops to forks and can customize colours, images and sayings for any event.
8. Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes: I really wasn’t kidding back in this post when I swore by this book. Shauna Sever gives readers the know-how and inspiration to create gourmet homemade marshmallows at home, and I have made them countless times. The recipes are simple, super-fun and delicious. Paired with the puffy pastel marshmallow medley of a cover, this book is total shelf candy.
9. Escali Arti Glass Kitchen Scale: With a rainbow of colours to choose from and state-of-the-art scale design at an affordable price, this scale will take home bakers to the next level and make them smile every time they use it. Throughout this blog I’ve expressed my feelings on how important it is to weigh your baking ingredients for best results, and now we can all do it in colourful style.
10. Pure Vanilla: Irresistible Recipes and Essential Techniques: Okay, the girl is on a roll. Shauna Sever‘s latest book, and likely the book that holds the record for most recipes I’ve ever made from a single book in a week, Pure Vanilla makes a gorgeous gift. With everything from Buttery Baked Vanilla Bean French Toast to Vanilla Lollipops, as well as endless information on vanilla itself, this book is anything but, well, vanilla.
11. Lite Bites Candle Forks: More awesomeness that I found on I’m With Cupcake. Sometimes quirky candles are all you need to make a classic cake a show-stopper, and I think these make the cutest gifts! Fun candles are another thing that bakers just don’t tend to buy themselves, or at least I seem to neglect them at times, and yet they can totally make the cake.
12. Ms. Food Face Plate: We have the boy version of this plate (you might remember this and this), but I’ve just bought this Ms. version for my cakelets for Christmas. Okay, so this isn’t really a baking-themed gift, but it sure makes life that much more fun. Kids, of course, adore this and every meal yields a different work of art, but sometimes big kids (like me) also love playing with their food.
13. Fete Origin iPhone Case: Last but so, so not least, the most gorgeous iPhone case I’ve seen in all of my existence. And it just so happens to be the one I chose for my newly upgraded iPhone a few weeks ago when I literally went through every one of the thousands of options on Society6. Designed by the super-talented Jacqueline Maldonado, this artsy case may not be a literal depiction of confection, but to me it’s the most delicious looking colour-combination and pattern ever (you can even find her incredible artwork on bedding, shower curtains and more). I may not use my iPhone to bake, but it’s always in arms’ reach providing the soundtrack to all of my baking adventures and ready for snapping Instagrams. With its sturdy impact-resistant and flexible hard plastic case, this is an all-around winner.
Speaking of Instagrams, even though these didn’t make the giveaway (would have been logistically tricky), I can’t leave out the awesomeness that is StickyGram–your Instagram photos printed as adorable square magnets. (Use my friend code FRIENDD5QH and get $2.00 off your first sheet!) Probably one of my personal favourite options for gifting. With free worldwide shipping and only $14.99/sheet of 9 magnets ($12.99 when you use my discount code) you honestly can’t go wrong. I ordered a bunch of these, and can’t wait to order more for holiday gifts. Perfect for grandparents, friends and more.
So onto this super-awesome giveaway of all my best-loved goodies!
Here’s what one lucky reader is going to receive:
- 1 icemilk apron of your choice, courtesy IceMilk Aprons
- 1 i do dishtowel, courtesy Sweetapolita
- 1 pack of 6 Pom-Pom Flower Treat Boxes, courtesy Sweetapolita
- 1 pink stripe cupcake box, courtesy Sweetapolita
- 1 set cupcake measuring cups, courtesy I’m With Cupcake
- 1 whisk pendant (sterling or 18k dipped gold), courtesy Frances & Co
- 1 yum yum ice cream serving party pack, courtesy Sucre Shop
- 1 marshmallow madness cookbook, courtesy Shauna Sever
- 1 turquoise escali baking scale, courtesy Sweetapolita
- 1 pure vanilla cookbook courtesy Shauna Sever
- 1 pack lite bites candle forks, courtesy I’m With Cupcake
- 1 ms. food face plate, courtesy Sweetapolita
- 1 fete origin iPhone case, courtesy Jacqueline Maldonado, available for several iPhone models
TO ENTER: To enter the Sweetapolita’s Best-Loved Bakers’ Gifts Giveaway, simply answer the question below in the comments section of this post:
What’s your best-loved baking tool/item?
- For an extra entry, come over to Facebook and “like” Sweetapolita, and then come back here and leave a comment telling me you did so. That comment will count as your extra entry.
- For an additional entry share the Sweetapolita Facebook Giveaway post on your own Facebook page, and then come back here and leave a comment telling me you did so. That comment will count as your extra entry.
- For an additional entry, share this post on Twitter and include @sweetapolita, and then come back here and leave a comment telling me you did so. That comment will count as your extra entry.
- One entry per person, plus additional qualified bonus entries (mentioned above). Your comment may take a few moments to appear.
- Giveaway open to U.S. and Canadian residents only.
- Winners will be announced Wednesday, November 21st, 2012.
Best of luck & happy gifting!