Congratulations! (I will be also notifying you by email.)
And thank you to everyone for sharing their favourite flavour combinations!
See you soon. ♥
So what’s this book all about (aside from its undeniably adorable cover)?
Here are the details and how to enter this giveaway:
1. Leave a comment and tell me, “What is your favourite dessert flavour combination?”
*Prize courtesy of Chronicle Books. Contest is open to US and Canadian residents only.
Good luck, everyone!
highway to heaven cupcakes
makes 24 cupcakes
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups warm strong-brewed coffee or french-pressed coffee
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 recipe sexy bittersweet chocolate ganache
1 recipe salted caramel sauce, at room temperature
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
sexy bittersweet ganache
makes about 2 cups
- 12 ounces chopped good-quality bittersweet chocolate
- 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, but into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoons good sea salt, such as fleur de sel
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
salted caramel sauce
makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fleur de sel
- 2 cups heavy cream, warmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- I followed the recipes for each of the components exactly, and they were a success.
- As Kir explains, the sexy bittersweet ganache goes on super glossy and dries with a nice sheen.
Good luck & enjoy!